50 years to Gymnasium 116
In the top 500 best educational institutions of the Russian Federation
The Gymnasium offers the following specializations:
- Humanities (starting in grade 5): with advanced study of Russian and foreign languages (English, German)
- Physics and Mathematics (с 8-го класса): Advanced study of Mathematics and Physics
- Advanced study of the English language (starting in grade 2)
The educational process is provided by more than 55 educators :
- 2 winners of Russia’s “Teacher of the Year” national award;
- 2 winners of “Russia’s Pedagogical Debut” national competition;
- 17 medalists of Pedagogical Achievements regional competition;
- 10 winners of National priority project “Education”;
- winner of “Best Leader of an Educational Institute of St.Petersburg” competition;
- winners of regional competitions "Leader in Education", "Harmony, Welfare, Support”;
- 2 distinguished teachers of the Russian Federation;
- 5 teachers with Doctorate Degrees;
- 26 educators hold national, regional, and professional awards.
There are over 800 students in 28 educational groups:
- Winners of the regionals and finalists of the National Student Competition;
- winners of regional and international research contests across the full curriculum spectrum;
- Participants of various cooperation programs with leading local universities.
- Creative clubs for children: Puppet theater, vocal and drama studio "Artistico", "Theatre of historical miniatures", Arts Studio, "Literature Salon", "German Theatre"
- Tourist club "Storm": hiking, orienteering, expeditions (Spitsbergen, White Sea, Sayan, Caucasus, Baikal).
- Athletic clubs: cross-country, football, volleyball, basketball, chess, martial arts.
The school has modern technology-based facilities:
- All classrooms are equipped with educational technology - interactive whiteboards / screens, projectors, and computers with a local network connection and Internet access;
- Two modern Computer Science labs;
- Three mobile Computer labs;
- Specialized digital labs for teaching Physics, Chemistry, Robotics, and Natural Sciences;
- The school library holds over 30 thousand copies of educational texts and works of literature. .
Students’ Public Association "Gymnasium Council" implements the following projects:
- Student intellectual Science Club “What? Where? When?”;
- Several historical patriotic clubs;
- Volunteer movements;
- Cooperation with international children organizations, including Erasmus+;
- Organization of holidays, festivals, and competitions: "School leadership skills," "Minute of Fame", "Star Hour", "Young talents of St. Petersburg", "Two Stars", "Personality of the Year".
International cooperation programs:
- Annual educational and cross-cultural projects for teachers and students at partner high schools: Luisenstift (Germany) and Bruksgymnasiet (Sweden).
- Access to free language courses in Germany through the Partner der Zukunft program. Administration of German language testing with issuing of international certificates.
- Sharing educational expertise (seminars, forums, conferences) with educational and cultural communities of Armenia, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Germany, Israel, Finland, Sweden and Estonia.
- Dmitry Mintsis
Principal of Gymnasium № 116
- 16/2 ul. Novosibirskaya
St. Petersburg, Russia 197342
- Phone: +7(812)409-8340
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org